Revision as of 11:39, 10 April 2012 by Molecular
Back to Main Page
Subgroup meetings and supergroup meetings are held in the New Media Classroom (Caltech, File:NMCmap.pdf) or Kane Hall Room 019 (UW) at 3:00pm unless otherwise noted.
- April 27: Supergroup meeting, New Media Classroom (Caltech) and Kane Hall Room 019 (UW), 3-5pm. Speakers:
- Zach Sun, "Developing an biomolecular breadboard for fast circuit design using in-vitro cell free systems"
- Niranjan Srinivas, "Engineering kinetic control over biochemical systems".
- March 23: Supergroup meeting, New Media Classroom (Caltech) and Kane Hall Room 019 (UW), 3:30-5pm. Speaker:
- Constantine Evans, "AFM Movies and DNA Tile Self-Assembly".
- January 27: Supergroup meeting, New Media Classroom (Caltech) and Kane Hall Room 019 (UW), 3-5pm. Speaker:
- Jongmin Kim, "A synthetic transcriptional network for exact adaptation".
- December 2: Supergroup meeting -- Speaker: Dan Siegal-Gaskins on "Emergence of Switch-Like Behavior in a Large Family of Simple Biochemical Networks". New Media Classroom (Caltech) and Kane Hall Room 019 (UW), 3-5pm.
- June 16-18: MPP Workshop Retreat, Friday Harbor, WA
- June 3: Supergroup meeting -- Speakers: Ashwin Gopanath on "DNA origami microarrays: integrating top-down and bottom-up nanofabrication", Sungwook Woo on "Beyond Watson and Crick: programming molecular recognition using bits and shapes".
- April 1: Supergroup meeting -- Speaker: Yuan-Jyue Chen on "Implementation of a reaction network for approximate majority determination with nicked double stranded DNA gates". New Media Classroom, 3-5pm.
- February 25: Supergroup meeting -- Speakers: Hongchao Zhao on "Generating random bits from weak random sources" and Brian Wolfe on "Test Tube Design". New Media Classroom, 4-6pm. Please note the non-standard time.
- January 21: Supergroup meeting -- Speaker: Kevin Oishi on "Using See-Saw Gates and Linear Systems to Implement an Oscillator". New Media Classroom, 3-5pm.
- December 10: Supergroup meeting -- Speakers: Damien Woods on "Self-replication of DNA nanotubes using bubbles", and David Doty on "The Power of Nondeterminism in Self-Assembly". New Media Classroom, 3-5pm.
- November 18-19: MPP visitor Luca Cardelli
- November 15-19: MPP visitors Andrew Phillips and Matt Lakin
- November 12: Supergroup meeting -- Speaker: Seung Woo Shin on "Logical Verification of DNA-Based Chemical Reaction Network Implementations". New Media Classroom, 4-5pm.
- October 12-16: MPP visitor Anthony Genot
- October 4-7 : Eric Klavins & co in town
- October 4-6: NSF site visit. Poster session 10am-noon.
- September 21: Six-talk mini-retreat, from 10am to 3pm, New Media Classroom @ Caltech
10:00am Welcome 10:15am David Lee (Bruck Group) --- "Stochastic Flow, Random Walks, and Biology" 10:45am Nadine Dabby (Winfree Group) --- "The Kinetics of Toehold-Mediated 4-Way Branch Migration" 11:15am Victor Beck (Pierce Group) --- "Elucidation and Control of the Hybridization Chain Reaction" 11:45am LUNCH BREAK 1:00pm Richard Murray --- "An Experimental Framework for Design and Validation of Robust Biochemical Circuits" 1:30pm Rob Egbert (Klavins Group) --- "Tuning Genetic Regulatory Networks with Slip-Strand Mis-Pairing" 2:00pm Town Hall Meeting* -- Visions and grand challenges -- What we want to learn from each other -- What works and what doesn't in the MPP 3:00pm Adjourn
- September 12-30: MPP visitor Bernie Yurke
- September 7: Supergroup meeting -- Speaker: Lulu Qian on "Building a DNA brain". New Media Classroom, 3-5pm.
- August 26-27: MPP visitor Nils Napp
- August 24: Supergroup meeting -- Speaker: Elisa Franco on "Programming molecular clocks." New Media Classroom, 3-5pm.
- May 15: PhD thesis defense -- Dave Zhang (Winfree group) on "Dynamic DNA Strand Displacement Circuits." Moore 070, 10am.
- January 8-10 : MPP workshop retreat, Oxnard, CA.
- December 11: Informal seminar -- Jongmin Kim (visiting), Title: "In vitro Transcriptional Network," Location: Broad 300, Time: 1:30pm.
- December 10 : Supergroup meeting -- Dionysios Barmpoutis (Murray group) on "Modeling Crosstalk with Stochastic Graphs".
- December 8 : PhD thesis defense -- Joe Zadeh (Pierce group) on "Algorithms for Nucleic Acid Sequence Design." Noyes 147, 9am.
- November 13 : Supergroup meeting -- David Thorsley (Klavins group).
- August 3: PhD thesis defense -- Harry Choi (Pierce group) on "Programmable In Situ Amplification for Multiplexed Bioimaging." 147 Noyes, 4pm.
- July 30: PhD thesis defense -- Suvir Venkataraman (Pierce group) on"Engineering Mechanical Nucleic Acid Systems." 147 Noyes, 4pm.
- July 10 : Supergroup meeting -- Eric Klavins on "A robust and tunable auto-regulatory genelet" and Erik Winfree on "A DNA stack machine for efficient Turing-universal molecular computation".
- June 5 : Subgroup meeting -- compiler languages and abstractions (lead by Peng Yin)
- May 1 : Supergroup meeting -- Po-Ling Loh (Bruck group) on "The Robustness of Stochastic Switching Networks" and Elisa Franco (Murray group) on "Design of insulating devices for in vitro synthetic circuits".
- April 3 : Subgroup meeting -- nonlinear systems and analysis of biochemical circuits (lead by Eric Klavins).
- March 6 : Subgroup meeting -- stochastic behavior, design, analysis, computation.
- February 6 : Subgroup meeting -- genelets & in vitro transcriptional circuits (lead by Erik Winfree). 4-5pm, Moore 239.
- January 8-10 : MPP workshop retreat, Oxnard, CA.
- December 5 : Supergroup meeting -- Ho-Lin Chen (Winfree group) and Josh Bishop (Klavins group).
- November 7 : Supergroup meeting -- Elisa Franco (Murray group) on "Flow regulation for transcriptional circuits" and Peng Yin & Joe Zadeh (Pierce group) on "Towards a compiler for dynamic nucleic acid systems".
- October 3 : Supergroup meeting -- Kevin Oishi (Klavins group) and David Soloveichik (Winfree group).